"When the going gets tough...the tough get going."


"Be at your best when the best is needed."

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Moving On

Well I had a few days off to clear my head thanks to a work trip to Boston. It was definitely a good idea to get away from everything and ignore it. Luckily, my wonderful husband took Legacy to Dr. Anderson to get him checked out. I guess the good news is that he was really sore and needed injections in his hocks and back. The soreness was worse than usual and his back hasn't needed any injections up until now. So we are hoping that he was sore and didnt' feel well last weekend. I'm going to run him at a small schooling show this weekend at Training to see if he feels better and acts more like himself. From here on out, we are also going to take him to Dr. Anderson the week of a big show and have her check over him to see if there are any sore spots. He had accupuncture the week of Fair Hill and he was obviously feeling good and jumping well, so we just have to adjust our routine. We had also been getting his hocks injected every spring and we skipped it this year, so perhaps we just need to get on a better schedule. I think especially with the tougher workouts with galloping and conditioning he is bound to tweak muscles more and more so I just have to keep on top of it.

I rode very light tonight...good ol' long and low. He was a bit lazy, surprisingly since he's had the last 4 days off, but who knows if they were carrying on in the heat today. Tomorrow I'll get on him and work him a bit harder and then Saturday we've got a dressage clinic and Sunday the schooling show. I'm just hoping we can build on the awesome dressage test last weekend and that's what I'm trying to focus on and chalk up the jumping to him not feeling well...

No comments:

Post a Comment