"When the going gets tough...the tough get going."


"Be at your best when the best is needed."

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Flatwork - Counter Canter

So first of all, I would've put money on the fact that I would be riding Prelim Test A...thank goodness for some reason I printed the omnibus listing and saw that it is actually Prelim Test B which I haven't even looked at. But easy enough I looked at it and learned it tonight. It's mostly canter work with trot leg yields...no circles, but I think it's a good test for us. It will tell us a lot about our canter, which I know we need to work on. We had a decent workout...this is the first flat workout since Danny had him and he was definitely tuned up. His lengthenings were awesome!! I definitely need to continue focusing on the counter canter and keep him moving forward through the counter canter. He was a little sluggish tonight considering it's 85° out and it's June 3!! It's going to be a hot summer I think. I'm starting to get nervous/excited again...at least I made it part way through the week this time...and no weird dreams yet :). Off to finish packing for the weekend...we are headed down to walk the course tomorrow afternoon and then early rides on Saturday morning...I'll be glad to get another one under our belt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment