"When the going gets tough...the tough get going."


"Be at your best when the best is needed."

Monday, May 10, 2010

Satan's S-Curve Revisited

So we attempted Satan's exercise again tonight....and we conquered it...well maybe not quite conquered, but improved it for sure!! He was very comfortable and soft tonight. I still need to learn not to jerk back on his mouth after landing and to lift the rein up when asking him to be soft, when I consciously think about that and correct myself he gets softer quicker (imagine that, if I don't yank on his face after the jump he stays balanced and soft...I'm a genius!!!). So even with my nerves building and me being just a bit nutty tonight we had a really good workout. None of my tenseness translated to him and we were able to make progress. My mind has been racing since yesterday (I had some really strange dreams about weird stadium obstacles that were more like fun house rides...I'm not even gonna go there). We ended with just a few cross country jumps and we did the good ol' Beaver corner. Typically my nerves are terrible until the show, so my plan is for show day to be even more relaxed than any of my workouts this week since I will be a bit on edge...maybe I should look at some medicine for this...hehe.

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment