"When the going gets tough...the tough get going."


"Be at your best when the best is needed."

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back to Work

Well after a week off getting ready for the Kelset Farm BBQ, we were back to work. We had a mini workout on Saturday since Seth's buddy from college came down and took some photos of us riding. I cannot wait to see them...he's awesome and is really talented, so hopefully I wasn't concentrating too hard in the pics!! But last night we rode under the lights since it's miserably hot out and he was really full of himself. Very active movement considering it was 100°. Then this morning I decided to try and beat the heat and take him for a trot. Well it wasn't as hot, but the bugs were terrible. Luckily the back field was mowed, so it was better, but we both came home with welts on us from bites.

It's been tough... I'm not feeling that confident right now about him and I'm focusing only on all his issues. Every time we fight and it's a struggle to get him to respond to one of my aids, I feel like giving up. I'm just dreading the next show and don't know what to do about it. I think I need miles and training just to get confidence and I think a little bit I feel like I'm trying to move too quickly after the disasters. I'm hoping I'm just stressed out and annoyed at the hot weather and I will get re-motivated. We are going to go to Bucks this weekend and hopefully I'll have a strong ride to boost my confidence. Unfortunately I lost my riding partner since Seth tried to cut off his finger with a circular saw and had to have surgery. He won't be riding seriously for over a month, so Legacy and I will have some alone time any time we want to go off the property. So we are trying to get through this, but it's a lot tougher this time because I had higher hopes and more plans for us this year. Things went so smooth last year I didn't put limitations on our success. Now that I'm faced with a potential limit, I'm struggling to accept it and decide what to do about it. Plus I jump ten steps ahead instead of dealing with the immediate problem. I pretend to be a pessimist so I never have to be disappointed, but with this I was hopeful and I'm getting burned. So now I'm compensating by being over-pessimistic and incredibly negative about everything, but it's killing my motivation and confidence. More updates to come...blogging sure is therapeutic :).

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment