"When the going gets tough...the tough get going."


"Be at your best when the best is needed."

Friday, July 23, 2010

Week of Reflection

Well after a week of ups and downs emotionally (mostly downs), I believe I have figured out a plan for the future of Legacy and I. Many thoughts have run through my head on how to handle this situation...from giving up to completely ignoring it...and I think I've done both throughout the last 2 months. Moving forward I am going to try and enjoy all of the good things about Legacy and about my life. I need to see the positives without being oblivious to the negative...I believe the word is realistic. Eventing is a difficult sport and many pros think there is no place for amateurs at the top. I say that is an opinion and I'm not going to even entertain other's opinions....they are insignificant in my quest. This has been a rough patch, but it's not the end. I am still learning with Legacy and even if Prelim isn't in our near competition future, I am not going to be wasting my time. The thing is, Prelim is in our future for training so I am still learning to ride at that level, maybe just not compete right now. Back to the plan, I'm going to try and enjoy being around Legacy and not pick fights all the time...he still is a pretty amazing horse and I can't forget what he's taught us or what success he brought me last season. We need to get along and rebuild our relationship. I am going to try and make his workouts more fun and have more variety in case some of these issues were due to being burned out. I have some ideas, but I'm mainly trying to just stick with my gut right now and do what I think is right. My family has been super supportive, but only I know what I need to do to get through this, so it rests on my shoulders and I've accepted it now and I'm ready to move on, whether it be forward or backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment