"When the going gets tough...the tough get going."


"Be at your best when the best is needed."

Monday, July 1, 2013

"Ryde or Die" ~DMX

 
Here we are again two weeks before another try at Intermediate and I'm getting some DMX in my belly.  I'm not as intimidated now seeing the big "I" next to Hobby's name.  I'm definitely feeling different going into this one...I want to classify it as confidence, but I think it's more numbness at this point.  I went to Jumper Schooling at Windurra Farm last week and had a positive experience.  The jumps were Intermediate height and yeah I wish it would've been smoother, but it was good to get out and do a few rounds without a major hiccup.  I still need to get the right pace and make sure he's out in front of me for the larger jumps.  I think that's one adjustment I've not been consistent on...he's got to have the momentum to get over the big oxers and I think that was part of our problem at Windurra and why I felt like the rounds were somewhat disjointed.  I do also need to make sure he's up in front so his shoulder gets out of the way...I did feel like he was getting underneath a lot of the jumps and in my jump workout yesterday I discovered a stronger half halt a few strides out does wonders.  It's all the little things falling into place :).  I'm getting much more comfortable jumping at the 3"11" height now and I'm anxious to build some new standards so I can go even higher.  I want to start thinking about how to be perfect instead of just how to get around...I've had an attitude adjustment!
Seth and Jango will also be making their Recognized debut at MD II at Novice.  They had a positive XC school at Laurel Hill and will be looking for one more school before the show.  They are getting along great and have been building their relationship over the past few weeks.  The flatwork has been looking fabulous and I'm excited to see what this pair can do this year.  He's hoping to qualify for the Novice 3-Day at Waredaca in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment